Hi and welcome to env0!
env0 is a powerful, easy to use, automation platform that allows you to quickly deploy and manage your cloud environments, all while maintaining visibility, predictability, and governance over what's happening.
If you’re new to env0, we recommend going through the live demo, and running the demo environment. This will teach you everything you need to know about env0 as a non-admin user.
If you’re ready to run your own environments, using your own code and cloud account, just skip straight to Create Your Organization of this guide.
When you first login to env0, you are added to the “Demo Organization”, a shared organization which is there to show you the ropes, without requiring any setup.
Under the “Demo organization”, a dedicated Project will be created for you, which will include everything you need in order to deploy our demo template.
The demo template consists of a static website hosted on AWS. The demo environment will run on env0’s cloud account, so you don’t have to worry about paying for resources or granting access. Follow these steps to deploy the demo environment (there's also a guided tour in the app that will help you)
- Enter your Project’s Project Templates page.
- Under the “Hello env0” template, click Run Now
- Optional - Under “Variables”, fill in a value for the User variable
- Click Run
- You will see the steps of your deployment progressing. After the deployment completes, you’ll see the outputs from the deployment and the resources that were created.
- Under Outputs - Click on the URL for your environment. This will copy the URL to your clipboard.
Open a new tab and paste the URL into your browser’s address bar, to access the environment you’ve just created!
That’s it! It’s that simple to deploy a new environment with env0. Don’t worry about taking those resources down - the environment is created with an automatic Destroy schedule, and will be taken down at the end of its TTL.
What’s next? In order to unlock all features env0 has to offer, you’ll need to create your first organization...
Updated 3 months ago